Suddenly, we wake up and we’re craving a change. One of the biggest changes that we as women can make is changing up our hair. We can chop it all off, add highlights and dimension or drastically change our hair colour. Our hair is the way we can express ourselves and helps us to show our individuality
For our July blog, we’re going to share some helpful tips for making a major hair change. We’re also very honest about when to make a big hair change and when it might not be the right time to make a dramatic hair change. At Pomme, we love to showcase our local #Pommeshells and we’re going to show you examples of #Pommeshells that have changed their hair!
Think you’re ready for a change?
Before your service, it’s important to ask yourself these questions:
- Do you love the hair in the photo or the actual hair?
- Ask an expert: Your hairstylist wants the best for you and wants you to leave their chair happy. We have a detailed questionnaire and consultation process that allows us to recommend the best course of action to reach your Pommeshell hair goals!
- Be sure to ask your stylist if this vision you have possible with on your hair? Will it suit you and your lifestyle? Is there upkeep involved? If so, how much upkeep? What type of maintenance is involved with this look?
- Do you know the homecare investment involved? What will it take to maintain your desired look? What homecare do I need to maintain this look?
- If you’ve asked yourself all of these questions, then you’re prepared for the emotional and physical transformation of your hair! One thing to remember is to let your hair rest after a major transformation, it can take a couple days, even a week to get used to a change ESPECIALLY if you have had the same hair for a while! It can take time, and it is OK if you need a couple of days to adjust! From changing your hair colour dramatics, to a major chop to simply adding a fringe or getting extensions can feel so foreign.
After you have asked yourself these questions, and you feel confident with your new look choice you are ready for a change! Change is never easy (with anything in life) so allow yourself 7-14 days post hair change to adjust! If you are struggling, ask your stylist for a styling lesson and ensure you have all the tools at home to re create your look! No matter the change as long as YOU feel good is all that matters!
PRO TIP: Our favourite hair products for a hair transformation are:
- Kérastase Blond Absolut Ultra Violet (for blondes)
- Shu Uemura Wonder Worker – a great starter product for getting introduced to professional product. However you choose to change your hair, it’s always going to be a GREAT primer.
- We recommend the Elchim Professional Blow Dryer for cuticle protection.
With a new ‘do, add in some new style changes or change up your make-up look! These can make you feel confident and ready to show. Be sure to ask your stylists how to recreate the look at home. We want to see you feel confident showing off your new look!
Needing some hair transformation inspo?
We are featuring a few #Pommeshells have recently taken the hair change plunge!
Here are the BENEFITS of changing your hair:
- Change is GOOD
- A new look is perfect for a new town, new stage, new job
- Push yourself out of your comfort zone
- Helps you to embrace change in ALL aspects
- This can also help you make a statement, be a trendsetter and at the end of the day, it’s just hair! Have fun with it!
She decided to change her look by rocking a shorter style pixie cut. Melanie gave her the perfect razor cut to support her natural texture! This allows Madeline to have a lived-in wash and wear look that is equal parts trendy and sweet!