Happy Earth Day!! Today is a great opportunity to share information on sustainability and simple choices we can all make each day to better care for ourselves and this beautiful place we call home! 🌎
Incorporating these practices into our lives can look as simple as,
- Supporting local businesses
- Shop locally for groceries too –who doesn’t love a farmers market Saturday!?
- Lessening our single use plastic usage, swap for reusable items (hint.. Kerastase Refillable Shampoo Bottles !)
- Try a new product from Pureology – an entirely vegan hair care line
- Adding more plant based meals into your diet, see Cake Mama’s delicious vegan donuts recipe below!
Click here to learn more details on sustainability within Kerastase, Pureology and even how we pack your orders here at Pomme!
Pureology deal is still on until the end of the month! Use code ‘cakemama’ at checkout for 15% off all Pureology products!!
Check out Cake Mama’s favourite Pureology products on instagram
Best Vegan Glazed Lemon Cake Donuts
Prep Time 15 minutes Servings 6
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2.5 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp turmeric (for color)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease donut pat.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for the batter and stir with a spatula until well combined.
- Spoon batter into donut pan until half full or load batter into a piping bag and pipe into donut pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool before removing from pan.
- In a separate bowl mix the lemon juice and icing sugar for the glaze. Dip each donut and dip donuts into glaze. Sprinkle lemon zest and serve immediately!